Behind the Scenes of Mind My Brains, Darling! - Robot Arms lovingly modelled by Josephine Hoy
Thank you for all the RTing, sharing and wonderful comments about Episode 5! It’s great to be back on schedule and it’s nice to know that people are still sticking with us. Apart from the person (who will remain anonymous) who complained on YouTube about seeing Sgt Fido’s head 😛
What is more experimental than BodyLine?
When we first thought about doing a whole series using BodyLine, we were keen to see just how far we could go. No heads? Check!* Characters that say no intelligible words? Double check! Sight gags involving headgear? Check, check, check! But what if we could go further? What if we could do more – or less…?
Episode 6 out next week
We have been saving this one until last because it is, in the words of Dr Feyrer, “…very potent, very experimental, and very dangerous.” And yes, Dr Feyrer makes another guest appearance (more Josephine Hoy – always a good thing!). The original concept was simple, but the execution was not. And while the robot in episode 3 took the longest to make, and the choreography of episode 5 took the most rehearsing and planning, the post-production on ep 6 took probably the longest to do. We think you’ll agree it was worth it.
Hard to wait until next Tuesday?
We are here to help. We’re your friends and have been thinking about how to get you through the next few days and have come up with a foolproof plan. The best way to pass the time is to do the following:
1) Rewatch Season 1 so far on Blip.tv and on then YouTube, leaving comments, likes and favourites for each episode.
2) Send each episode to a different friend, or perhaps multiple friends. They will thank you for it (and so will we!).
3) Tell us which is your favourite episode, and why, on our Facebook page or sent to @HigletFilms on Twitter.
4) Send us your own BodyLined response video – on YouTube or anywhere else – and we’ll share it with everyone.
5) Then sit down and have a nice cup of tea.
Repeat every day and the time will fly by!
* This doesn’t include animals, OBVIOUSLY! In case a certain person is reading. Although we didn’t have any complaints about the gerbil or goldfish, so maybe the person in question has something against dogs…?